Houston Real Estate Vs. COVID-19
Standing Strong & Moving Forward
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), we have all had to come together as a more cautious and mindful nation.
Very quickly, we’ve learned to adapt to the pressing situation by changing our lifestyles, making sacrifices, and even learning to live each day with new routines. It’s no secret that this virus has become a significant presence over our current livelihood.
Although precautions may be straining and even inconvenient, they do work… and at the end of the day, life must go on, our economy depends on it.
Real Estate Vs. COVID-19
As a home buyer/seller, navigating the housing market isn’t always an easy process. Real estate often seems to come with a lot of home improvements, research, contracts, and quite simply… hard work! Not to mention, now dealing with the stress of throwing a virus into the mix.
Luckily, 2020 real estate came prepared.
Real estate has evolved so much over the years. With new developments always on the horizon and innovative technology coming out of the woodwork, selling/buying a home has never been easier.
In today’s world, we have the ability to adapt to change faster and much more efficiently than ever before.
Even now, with virtual home viewings, full online access, and a combination of special precautions, the housing market has seen little adverse effects caused by the Coronavirus.
Yes, people get nervous, and sanitation is a valid concern. That is exactly why REALTORS® in the great state of Texas are going out of their way to make the home buying/selling experience safe, enjoyable, and easy.
How to Sell/Buy Your Home Safely
There are many ways a home buyer/seller can still take advantage of the current housing market (regardless of Coronavirus) without putting themselves or others at risk.
Let’s face it; people will always need homes. All we have to do is follow along the proven pathways that have been laid out to help us carry on with our lives safely. “Roll with the punches,” as they say.
Here are a few ways you can “Stand Strong & Move Forward”-
- First and foremost, partner with an experienced REALTOR® who knows their way around the market and the current social climate.
- As a home buyer, don’t be afraid to ask your REALTOR® for advice on how to move forward.
- As a home seller, be patient and willing to accommodate concerns, as this could help move the process along.
- Talk with your REALTOR® about the possibility of virtual and/or private viewings.
- Don’t be afraid to break out the gloves and booties for showings; people understand and appreciate the concern.
- Make a constant effort to clean/disinfect to protect yourself and others, as well as maintain a safe housing environment.
- As a seller, make sure your home is in tip-top shape and always show ready.
Your REALTOR® is Your Greatest Asset
Real estate is an essential business for a reason; people will always be looking to buy or sell a home. With that being said, your real estate agent is your greatest asset for success, especially while COVID-19 is making its mark on the business world.
If you have questions or concerns about the current housing market and where you fit in, contact Key Realtors today!